Saturday, July 25, 2009

The elusive secret agency.

Sandy's comment made me recall the plans for being a secret agent(its still there and I still get dreams about it). It didn't fade away in school and even in college I was determined to work in that field.Close ones to whom I divulged this ambition called me immature and that irritated me(these sort of people still irritate me..you know the ones who fall too short of their dreams and are frustrated enough to discourage anyone else to follow theirs). So anyway I went forward, found the govt agencies , the exams for them and everything. That is until I found this aunty! who is a RAW agent...and the bubble burst. I got to know a lot about the agency. While the training is fun(just the way I imagined!) the job isn't guaranteed to be so. And (lol) what the movies and books don't describe is how emotionally sick the job can be.

~~And I'm yet to find an un-corrupted, non-hierarchical, ethical, non-power playing secret agency :P ~~

I'm not looking at the job(and the people who work in that field) with disdain suddenly, I just think I may not be up for it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sandy said...

Very few people actually pursue their dreams like you have even after being discouraged by a lot of people. Kudos to your determination.
Yes, a secret agent's life only looks awesome in books and movies. I can't begin to imagine the kind of mental stress that such a person goes through. Most of us are more cut out for more 'normal' jobs. I am glad that you can accept this reality and move on. Still, one can always continue to dream... *drifts off into a day-dream full of spies and guns and beautiful but deadly women*

Cheers!
-Sandy (The Village Idiot.)

July 25, 2009 at 4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Totally Spies" or "Kim Possible" The married edition? cool!

July 27, 2009 at 7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home